March 28, 2017
Google AdWords is arguably the most popular paid online marketing platform. Google AdWords network is divided into two types of ad programs: Display ads and Search ads. In the Search ad network, business ads are placed in the form of text ads in Google Search Engine results, while in the Display ad network, businesses can choose to place attractive display ads on Google’s huge network of relevant websites on the internet.
You must have seen various online sites using Google display ads to generate income from their content. These ads are placed by Google on behalf of the businesses that use Google AdWords to promote their products and services across the web. A display ad is usually a visual banner ad that can be placed anywhere on the website where it is easily visible to the website visitors. For each click on a display ad, the marketer has to pay a fixed amount to Google, a part of which is paid to the website owner where the ad has been placed.
Google AdWords Display Network is a perfect way for businesses to increase the reach of their products to as many as 2 million websites associated with this program. Display ads are not shown directly in the Google search results. Millions of businesses are now using Google AdWords best bid strategy Display ads to promote their products to more and more users. But not all of them are getting enough ROI out of their display advertising?
In this article, we are going to share some wonderful tips to increase the value of your Google Display Advertising campaigns.
Tips for Creating Google AdWords Display Ads that Convert
- Target the Existing Users: Also known as remarketing, this is a process that involves designing display ads to target people who have already visited your site in the past. This is beneficial because these people have already shown interest in your product and are most likely to click and even convert.
- Nice Attractive Design: A display ad must be attractive enough to almost compel the viewers to click on it at least once. Make effective use of text, colors, fonts and images to design a wonderful and to-the-point ad.
- Experiment with different ads: Instead of spending your entire budget on a single ad, create multiple ads for the same product and then, record and analyze the user response on different ads.
- Start small: Do not overdo your advertising budget. In the beginning, only spend a small sum on the display advertising to see if it actually works for you.
- Call-to-action: Make sure to include a call-to-action button that says “Shop now” or “visit website” to make users take an action on your visual ad.
- Balance Ad content: Make sure the text and image content are in balance in your display ad. Use clear images that perfectly fit the ad space. The text should be easy for users to read and understand.
- Ad templates: Make use of the Google’s existing ad templates and rich media ads gallery to try out different ad ideas.